i'm currently back in WA again, relishing the (slightly) warmer air and the good company of family and friends. its so good to see everyone again!
while I have been here I've had a bit of time on my hands, as holiday-makers do. i've indulged in a few activities in preparation for the arrival (early next year) of the newest addition addition to our little family!
first I have dabbled in a bit of sewing on my mom's old (but very speedy!) Bernina, this little blue bib being the successful result of a rainy afternoon indoors. the ideas and pattern come from amy karol's book bend-the-rules sewing...and there's some more of her work on her blog angry chicken :)
secondly i have begun practicing what young mums do best - going out with friends/family for delicious morning teas! emma threw a delightful little tea party for her birthday this week, and this gorgeous pink cupcake is just a sample of some of the edible temptations that were on offer. thanks for the lovely party emma :)
(and thanks aimee for letting me borrow your brilliant 50mm lens even though i took it without asking)!

its nice to have you here sis :) even if i seem to be rushing about like an angry chicken myself. i'll have to borrow a few sewing ideas from that book of yours! its a cute bib - i'm sure little donny will love it :) xx
ReplyDeletehow cute katie!! love that fabric. gonna be a trendy little bubba!! we'll have to have a sewfest when you get back! enjoy the rest of your stay with your fam. we'll see you next week for a catch up. love u xx
ReplyDeleteOooh very cute - what's with the blue - I hope you are going to make a pink one too!! Can't wait to see you in a few days.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I'm sure spec will love it :)
ReplyDelete